Elevator World Publisher for The Global Vertical Transportation Industry
- Registration Open for NAEC 2022 Convention and Expo in Louisvilleby Elevator World on May 19, 2022 at 2:01 pm
Registration and room blocks are now open for the National Association of Elevator Contractors (NAEC) 2022 Convention and Exposition on September 20-21 at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Kentucky. NAEC plans a dynamic, in-person event with multiple networking opportunities, more than 20 hours of educational sessions and nearly 200 exhibits. To reserve rooms,… The post Registration Open for NAEC 2022 Convention and Expo in Louisville appeared first on Elevator World.
- School Elevator Troubles Tough on Some Broward Studentsby Elevator World on May 19, 2022 at 1:57 pm
A wheelchair-bound high school student interviewed by the South Florida Sun Sentinel newspaper in a story picked up by NNY360 in Broward County, Florida, says he desperately needs a working elevator so he can reach his third-floor classes, but often finds the school’s elevator out of order, the source reports. “The elevator constantly breaks down,… The post School Elevator Troubles Tough on Some Broward Students appeared first on Elevator World.
- Elevator by Mid-American for New Times Square Subway Entranceby Elevator World on May 19, 2022 at 1:54 pm
Developer Jamestown LP contributed US$10 million and the NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) added US$40 million for a new entrance to the Times Square subway station — the system’s busiest — that includes an Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant elevator, Gothamist is among outlets to report. MTA told ELEVATOR WORLD the elevator was manufactured by Mid-American… The post Elevator by Mid-American for New Times Square Subway Entrance appeared first on Elevator World.
Solar Magazine Solar Industry News, Developments and Insights
- Donald Sadoway named European Inventor Award 2022 finalist for his liquid metal batteryby SOLAR MAG on May 17, 2022 at 8:10 am
The European Patent Office (EPO) announced that Donald Sadoway, professor of materials chemistry at MIT, has been nominated as a finalist for the European Inventor Award 2022 for inventing a liquid metal battery that can bring more renewable energy onto the power grid. The post Donald Sadoway named European Inventor Award 2022 finalist for his liquid metal battery appeared first on Solar Magazine.
- Perovskite Solar Cells: An In-Depth Guide + Comparisons With Other Techsby SOLAR MAG on May 16, 2022 at 11:46 am
An in-depth guide to perovskite solar cells: materials, structure, benefits, challenges, and comparisons with c-Si and thin-film solar cells. The post Perovskite Solar Cells: An In-Depth Guide + Comparisons With Other Techs appeared first on Solar Magazine.
- Nordic Solar's largest solar power park is ready in Portugalby SOLAR MAG on May 12, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Nordic Solar is expanding its portfolio with an 80-hectare solar power park. This solar park called Ínsua is located in the Alentejo region in the southeastern part of Portugal and will supply 35,000 households with clean energy. It is Nordic Solar's largest solar park to date. The post Nordic Solar's largest solar power park is ready in Portugal appeared first on Solar Magazine.
pv magazine International Photovoltaic Markets and Technology
- Quantum well superlattices for a new world record cell efficiency of 39.5%by Mark Hutchins on May 19, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Scientists in the United States have fabricated a triple-junction solar cell that reached 39.5% efficiency – a world record for any type of cell under one-sun illumination. Though relying on materials and processes that are still too costly for most commercial uses, the concept could soon see actual applications in powering satellites and other space-bound technology.
- France’s Groupe Casino to sell GreenYellow renewables unitby Gwénaëlle Deboutte on May 19, 2022 at 2:30 pm
French energy giants TotalEnergies and Engie are reportedly interesting in acquiring GreenYellow.
- New method could potentially produce hydrogen from biogas for $2/kgby Sergio Matalucci on May 19, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Kore, an energy startup in California, has developed a new way to produce hydrogen from biogas, and is now poised to build a commercial-scale demonstration facility in Los Angeles. It said half of the carbon in the feedstock can be converted into gas, while the other half can be converted into solid elemental carbon char.
- Studer reveals 3-phase inverter-charger for off-grid, on-grid rooftop applicationsby Emiliano Bellini on May 19, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Studer Innotec, a Swiss power electronics specialist, has unveiled a 16 kW inverter for off-grid and on-grid applications. It features two maximum power point tracking inputs in an 8 kW plus 8 KW configuration.
- Nitrogen-doped carbon nanodots for more stable, efficient perovskite solar cellsby Emiliano Bellini on May 19, 2022 at 9:30 am
A Spanish-Italian research group was able to improve the efficiency and stability of a standard perovskite solar cell by adding nitrogen-doped carbon dots as an additive. The carbon dots were then blended with the perovskite precursor solution at two different concentration levels and both were deposited by spin coating on the perovskite layer.
- RTD – Resistance Temperature Detector: Construction, Types, Working & Applicationsby Electrical Technology on May 9, 2022 at 6:20 am
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Resistance Temperature Detector or RTD: Construction, Working, Types, Advantages, Disadvantages & Applications Temperature plays a vital role in the performance of any electrical and electronic device. There are various sensors used to monitor the temperature such as a thermistor, thermocouple, RTD (resistance temperature detector), etc. In this article, we are going to discuss RTD. As … The post RTD – Resistance Temperature Detector: Construction, Types, Working & Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Thermocouple – Types, Construction, Working and Applicationsby Electrical Technology on April 29, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Types of Thermocouples and Color Codes with Advantages, Disadvantages and Applications Temperature plays a vital role in the performance of electrical and electronic components and devices. It needs to be maintained in a specific range. However, the temperature needs to be sensed and measured first. Different types of measurement tools and instruments are used for … The post Thermocouple – Types, Construction, Working and Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Difference between RTD and Thermocoupleby Electrical Technology on April 24, 2022 at 8:05 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. What is the Difference Between Thermocouple and RTD? RTD or Resistance Temperature Detector and thermocouple are two of the different types of temperature sensors used in electrical and electronic engineering to monitor the temperature. Other temperature sensors such as thermistors and thermostats can also be used to accurately measure temperature. However, they are quite different … The post Difference between RTD and Thermocouple appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Torque-Slip and Torque-Speed Characteristics of Induction Motorby Electrical Technology on April 21, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Torque-speed & Torque-slip Characteristics of an Induction Motor Torque-slip Characteristics Torque-slip characteristics give the relation between torque and slip. The torque-slip characteristics show how the torque changes with a change in slip. The slip is defined as a ratio of synchronous speed and the actual speed of the rotor. The actual speed of the rotor … The post Torque-Slip and Torque-Speed Characteristics of Induction Motor appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Difference Between Ideal and Real or Practical Transformerby Electrical Technology on April 17, 2022 at 7:20 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. What is the Difference Between Ideal Transformer & Practical or Real Transformer? An ideal transformer is a theoretical model of a practical transformer without losses. In short: Transformer + 0% losses = Ideal Transformer Transformer + Losses = Practical Transformer Let’s discuss what is the main difference between them. What is an Ideal Transformer? An … The post Difference Between Ideal and Real or Practical Transformer appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.