Elevator World Publisher for The Global Vertical Transportation Industry
- Plans for Florida Twin Towers Announcedby Kaija Wilkinson on October 3, 2022 at 2:09 pm
New York-based architecture and design studio ODA has revealed renderings of its newest residential towers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida: “Ombelle,” World Architecture News reports. Dependable Equities has tapped the studio to design the façade, interiors and landscape for the two 43-story towers creating a mixed-use space that will offer 1,100 rental units, amenities and retail.… The post Plans for Florida Twin Towers Announced appeared first on Elevator World.
- Boy’s Rubber Clog Ripped Apart on Escalatorby Kaija Wilkinson on October 3, 2022 at 2:07 pm
A child wearing a popular brand of rubber clogs found the tip of one of the shoes ripped off as a result of his foot becoming stuck at the edge of a moving escalator, Hong Kong-based The Standard reported on September 30. The source said the “netizen” who posted a picture of the destroyed clog… The post Boy’s Rubber Clog Ripped Apart on Escalator appeared first on Elevator World.
- CPSC Recalls Approximately 1,700 Home Elevatorsby Kaija Wilkinson on October 3, 2022 at 1:59 pm
On September 29, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled approximately 1,700 home elevators produced by Ontario-based Cambridge Elevator and Custom Elevator, based in Pennsylvania, The News & Observer is among outlets to report. The recall comes more than a year after a 7-year-old boy died in July 2021 as a result of becoming… The post CPSC Recalls Approximately 1,700 Home Elevators appeared first on Elevator World.
Solar Magazine Solar Industry News, Developments and Insights
- Maxeon Solar Cells: An Illustrative Guide to Sunpower’s Branded Solar Cell Technologyby SOLAR MAG on September 15, 2022 at 3:33 am
Here's a detailed guide to SunPower's branded technology Maxeon solar cells covering its key features, benefits, advantages, highlights, etc. The post Maxeon Solar Cells: An Illustrative Guide to Sunpower’s Branded Solar Cell Technology appeared first on Solar Magazine.
- "Super platform" Bboxx acquires solar energy pioneer PEG Africaby SOLAR MAG on September 7, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Bboxx, the leading provider of life-changing products and services across Africa, announced its acquisition of PEG Africa, one of the largest distributed solar energy companies in West Africa. The post "Super platform" Bboxx acquires solar energy pioneer PEG Africa appeared first on Solar Magazine.
- LONGi among 50 best-managed companies in Chinaby SOLAR MAG on August 18, 2022 at 5:58 am
LONGi Green Energy Technology Co., Ltd. (LONGi) was recently selected as one of the 50 winners of the 2022 China's Best Managed Companies award program by Deloitte China, becoming part of the global BMC enterprise with its outstanding performance in the global framework of Deloitte's Management Excellence Standards in the four dimensions of "Strategy, Capability, Commitment and Finance." The post LONGi among 50 best-managed companies in China appeared first on Solar Magazine.
pv magazine International Photovoltaic Markets and Technology
- The Global South’s solar e-waste problemby Beatriz Santos on October 3, 2022 at 3:30 pm
An international research group has examined the structural barriers to addressing the solar e-waste problem in the Global South. They argue that the focus should be on repairing devices, rather than recycling them.
- Ultra-fast synthesis of nanocomposites for sodium ion batteries, supercapacitorsby Marija Maisch on October 3, 2022 at 2:45 pm
Researchers in Egypt have developed a synthesis method that uses the high microwave absorbance of silicon carbide content in rice straw ash and takes just 60 seconds to produce sodium iron phosphates-carbon nanocomposites (NaFePO4-C), which can be used as sodium ion battery cathodes and as symmetric supercapacitors.
- Engie, CBEA to build $60 million of minigrid projects in Nigeriaby Beatriz Santos on October 3, 2022 at 2:05 pm
CrossBoundary EnergyAccess Nigeria has committed to invest $60 million in minigrid projects developed by Engie, in the largest such transaction in Africa. The projects will connect more than 150,000 people to electricity for the first time.
- Morningstar unveils DC/AC inverters for off-grid applicationsby Beatriz Santos on October 3, 2022 at 1:05 pm
US-based solar controller producer Morningstar has launched a new line of off-grid inverters, featuring six models ranging from 150 W to 2,500 W. Production and deliveries are scheduled to start this year.
- Portugal might add 2.57 GW of new solar by end 2023by Beatriz Santos on October 3, 2022 at 12:05 pm
The Portuguese government has announced a national energy-saving plan for the 2022-23 period. It expects to add 1,140 MW of new solar by the end of this year.
- Why is the Synchronous Motor Not Self Starting?by Electrical Technology on September 19, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Why are Synchronous Motor and Synchronous Machines Not Self Starting? We know that a synchronous motor is not a self starting machine. This is because when the armature (stator) of the synchronous motor is connected to the three phase supply, a rotating magnetic field is produced in it which rotates at synchronous speed while the … The post Why is the Synchronous Motor Not Self Starting? appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Synchronous Motor: Construction, Working, Types & Applicationsby Electrical Technology on September 15, 2022 at 2:42 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Synchronous Motors – Working Principle, Types, Starting Methods & Applications An electrical machine is a general term used for an electromagnetic device that is used for conversion between electrical and mechanical energy. It can be used as a generator to develop electrical energy or as a motor to develop mechanism energy. A synchronous motor is … The post Synchronous Motor: Construction, Working, Types & Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Shockley Diode: Construction, Working, Characteristics and Applicationsby Electrical Technology on September 11, 2022 at 4:55 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. What is a Shockley Diode? Symbol, Construction, Operation Modes, Equation, VI Characteristics and Applications Diodes are the backbone of semiconductor-based electronic devices and the breakthrough in semiconductor technology. There are different types of diodes. Shockley diode is one of the types of diode invented by American physicist William Bradford Shockley in the late 1950s. It … The post Shockley Diode: Construction, Working, Characteristics and Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- Backward Diode: Construction, Operation, Characteristics and Applicationsby Electrical Technology on September 8, 2022 at 5:53 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. What is a Backward Diode? Symbol, Terminals, Construction, Working, VI Characteristics & Applications Diode is one of the most essential semiconductor-based electronic components used in almost every piece of electronic equipment. There are different types of diodes manufactured and used for specific applications. One of these types of diodes is the backward diode. It is … The post Backward Diode: Construction, Operation, Characteristics and Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.
- What is an Optocoupler or Opto-isolator – Working And Applicationsby Electrical Technology on September 5, 2022 at 5:19 pm
Please visit the Site ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY for full and updated posts. Optocoupler or Opto-isolator, Symbol, Construction, Working, Types and Applications In electrical and electronic engineering, we often come up with certain circuits where a digital logic circuit such as a microprocessor or microcontroller, etc. is used to control or regulate high power flow. But have you ever wondered how something so sensitive operating at very low … The post What is an Optocoupler or Opto-isolator – Working And Applications appeared first on ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY.